If this is a technical question, please visit our Technical FAQ page.
- What is contained in the electronic edition of The Early Republic?
- How much does a subscription cost?
- Do you offer discounts to individuals, institutions, and subscription agents?
- Is online ordering possible for both institutions and individuals?
- Is pre-payment required?
- Is there a free trial available of this product?
- How is access delivered? Will this be via IP authentication or username password?
- Will stats be available?
- 1. What is contained in The Early Republic?
The 20 volumes of primary material documenting the actions, debates, and thoughts of the First Federal Congress and its members have been collected by the First Federal Congress Project (FFCP) and published by the Johns Hopkins University Press. These volumes of the Documentary History of the First Federal Congress are used by Congress, historians, political scientists, and jurists to understand the most important and productive Congress in United States history.
The Early Republic brings this rich legacy to the fingertips of a new generation of students and scholars. Comprising 20,000 annotated pages and 260 images, the innovative online reference features a cumulative index and robust search engine. The Early Republic will incorporate the full text of future volumes and will eventually incorporate digital editions of other publications relating to the colonial period and revolution.
- 2. How much does a subscription cost?
Institutional subscription prices have no additional maintenance fees or hidden costs. Institutional subscriptions will run from January 1-December 31.
Individual subscriptions are only $125 a year. No prorating or partial-year subscriptions.
- 3. Do you offer discounts to individuals, institutions, and subscription agents?
Institutions that order the Five Product Suite of Johns Hopkins University Press reference products receive a 15% discount. Visit our Institutional Subscription Plans page for more information.
- 4. Is online ordering possible for both institutions and individuals?
- 5. Is pre-payment required?
Institutions have 30 days to pay.
Individual subscriptions require credit card payment at time of subscription.
- 6. Is there a free trial available for this product?
Institutions can register for a free, 45-day trial. Please use our References Trial Access Form to sign up. At this time, there are no free trials for individuals.
- 7. How is access delivered? Will this be via IP authentication or username and password?
Institutional subscription will be via IP authentication.
Individual subscriptions require a username and password.
For more information, see our Technical FAQ.
- 8. Will stats be available?
Statistics for each month are updated and available for downloading by the 14th of the following month. The Early Republic usage reports may be downloaded in either Excel or XML format, providing subscribing institutions with the flexibility to import their statistics into a variety of tools. A login and password are required. For assistance with obtaining The Early Republic usage statistics, please contact our customer support department email@example.com. Please include in the email your name, title and the name of your institution.
Can’t find what you are looking for, please contact us.