The following section should answer your most Frequently Asked Questions about accessing The Early Republic. If you can't find answers on this page to your technical questions about The Early Republic, please contact Contact us .
- How do you provide institutional access?
- Why does the order form require a primary contact and what does that contact person need to do?
- How do you provide individual access?
- Are usage statistics available to institutional subscribers for The Early Republic?
- Who do I contact if I have a problem accessing The Early Republic?
- What uses of The Early Republic are permitted to Subscribers and Authorized Users?
- Q: How do you provide institutional access?
A. Institutional access is granted via IP recognition. The Subscriber provides IP addresses for the computers that require access to the electronic database on the online order form for The Early Republic.
Distance learners and alumni who access the internet via campus IP accounts or a secure proxy server can receive access, but access is not available to The Early Republic through independent service providers.
- Q: Why does the order form require a primary contact and what does that contact person need to do?
A: When institutional access is first set up, the Subscriber needs to appoint an administrator. This person will automatically be added to our administrative list to receive a username and password to monitor the Institution's usage statistics and to receive email alerts regarding policy and content changes, scheduled maintenance and service outages, and related issues.
- Q: How do you provide individual access?
A:Individual subscriptions require a login and password. These are assigned during the order process when the subscriber creates their account.
- Q: Are usage statistics available to institutional subscribers for The Early Republic?
A: Librarians can view their current usage statistics at http://www.press.jhu.edu/references/stats. Each institution establishes a point of contact (for example, a librarian who deals with electronic resources) who must obtain a login and password from us in order to access that institution's usage statistics. Please use our form to request a login and password if your institution does not have one already. Institutions may access the usage statistics tool at any time, seven days a week.
Our usage statistics provide data on the total number of searches and sessions as well as number of hits to the full content, individual pages, and chapter PDFs. Statistics reports are available at the institutional level. The statistics are loaded monthly and are displayed in Excel spreadsheet format.
- Q: Who do I contact if I have a problem accessing The Early Republic?
A: Please contact our help desk via our Online Support Form.
- Q: What uses of The Early Republic are permitted to Subscribers and Authorized Users?
A. Please see our Terms and Conditions for Institutional Subscribers